Hey @uncertainkriscee! I’m so excited for you! Getting your parents to say yes is the first and most important step! Studying abroad is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made so I highly recommend you go abroad.
The study abroad program I decided to go with was BarcelonaSAE.
The steps I took to studying abroad with BarcelonaSAE were:
- I recommend you do some research to where and what you would like to study before you look into the actual programs.
- I was certain I wanted to study abroad in Europe and my top 2 choices were Germany and Spain. Not only did I know these were popular locations for studying abroad, but I knew Germany would be great for expanding my business knowledge since I am a marketing major, and Spain would be great for improving my spanish (a great quality to have in the business world).
- Then I decided on Spain and more specifically Barcelona because I love the culture, improve my spanish, wanted to be in temperate climate, and be in more of a city life.
- Now for choosing programs. GoAbroad has a database of almost all the study abroad programs out there. This can be an overwhelming process with so many programs that go to Barcelona, and it definitely was for me. With such a long list of items each program offers and each costing thousands of dollars, I was so lost.
- What drew me to BarcelonaSAE was the fact that it specialized in Barcelona. I knew I wanted to be immersed into the culture and knowing that this was their only location I assumed they would be more accessible and knowledgeable in Barcelona specifically.
- I was absolutely correct! The staff is extremely accessible and speaking to students that came with other programs I go to school with, they don’t get to know the city with their program at all.
- I contacted all the programs directly and told them I was debating between their program and a few others. This helped a lot because I was able to really see which programs actually cared.
- BarcelonaSAE was most helpful in highlighting what set them apart and it didn’t hurt that they were cheaper and offered scholarships!
This is super extensive, whoops, I got a little carried away! (haha) If Barcelona is one of your options, I highly recommend BarcelonaSAE. I love this program so much. Feel free to reach out at any stage of your study abroad process!